Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Pretty darn good deal from Petrabaxusa.com

Pretty darn good deal from Petrabaxusa.com

Nov 12th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Rex

Pretty darn good deal from Petrabaxusa.com

I have to give credit for this to Theodora on the travelcheap2000 Yahoo! group message board. I have done just a minimal amount of additional investigating - - one phone call, a little website looking with regard to the hotel(s).

See www.petrabaxusa.com for this and other good deals:

$499 for air and six nights hotel in Madrid; taxes (about $80) and breakfasts extra. Some choices of gateway cities, and some at additional cost: Cleveland, for example, at $150 extra per person. Connection in the case of Cleveland is via Chicago; the flight ORD-MAD is Iberia. I wouldn't be surprised if it is jam-packed coach class, but at the time of year, you never know. Surprisingly, no weekend surcharge.

Hotels available in March (per conversation with their telephone reservationist just now) include the Tryp Capitol amd the florida norte. Both are probably sound choices, even if not spectacular. The Tryp Capitol, in particular is promoted all over the web under hotel discounters - - but the rate (112 to 115 euro per night for a double) is well over half of the $499 fare from Petrabax.

Pleasant surprise from that telephone conversation is that there is no additional charge to spend extra days in sp[ain at your own expense (travel must conclude by March 31 at this fare).

Sharing this here on Travel Talk is NOT intended to garner interest in a small group trip - - even though I have made it no secret that I am interested in a spring trip to Spain with Fodorites and/or others. I had my eye set on late April/early May. but a price like this can turn a person's head.

In fact, with this deal, there is no particular advantage to traveling with a small group unless the extend-some-days option were to be done in some car-sharing way or villa, etc.

Just passing it on.

Best wishes,

Rex

Nov 12th, 2002, 06:34 AM
Rex

A faux pas on my part: I failed to mention Madrid in the mesage header of this post, and I failed to post it under Spain. I have taken others to task for similar mistakes on new posts before. It's an easy mistake to make.

I hope that I have learned to dispense such advice (on the merit of better, more informative headers) politely and without scolding. I probably did not always do so, in the past.

More info than necessary, no doubt.

Search this Thread