visit to london

Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
visit to london

I just got back from the London and I would like to thank everyone for the different information and websites. I got a virgin sim card to use with my phone and it came in very handy. I also used my atm card to withdraw money, which was better than traveler’s checks or cash. This last trip I stayed with a friend of a friend's place which was nice, but I am planning on going again in late Sept early Oct and was wondering if anyone had any recommendation for 10 days rental flat, at a reasonable price, cause I will be going with my mother. Thank you once again.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:26 PM

You might want to repost this question with a more specific header, such as

Looking to rent a flat in London

be sure to indicate in the text what you would like to pay, 'reasonable' means different things to different people
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 10:18 AM

Try Coach House Rentals (http://www.chslondon.com/vr/). We are supposed to be going to London in mid-July, and this was a very affordable option for us. We obviously haven't stayed yet, so I can't tell you the quality, but I've had great response from their customer service, and they are reviewed on several websites.

Also -- where did you get your SIM card? Did you buy it before you left, or once you got there? Do you remember the price? Thanks!
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Take a look at

www.aplacelikehomelondon.com

I rented a flat through them last year, and the service and the flat were both fabulous.

Old Jul 1st, 2005, 04:53 PM

OK I am new to traveling to Europe. What is an atm sim card? And did you use a US atm card at the atm in London and got money in pounds? Is that a good exchange rate?
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 06:30 PM

sbmcl, that is the best exchange rate you are going to find
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 10:17 PM

sbmcl: when slimgoody mentioned sim card and atm card he was talking about two entirely different things.

The sim card was plugged into his cell phone.

And when you use an ATM card anywhere, you get local currency out -- so in London you will get £ no matter what country your bank is in.
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:43 AM

We also used A Place Like Home in London (in mid to late May, 2005). They were great. I would highly recommend them. We stayed in a flat on Oakley Street, in Chelsea. It was a perfect location - close to everything we needed. I posted my photos (including photos of the Chelsea flat & surrounding area) here, if you're interested. No need to look at all of them if you're not interested, the Oakley street photos are in the beginning of the slide show.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...0tofc&Ux=1
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:11 PM

In February we rented a 3 bedroom/2bath flat near Sloane Square (on Bourne Street) from www.londonconnection.com and were VERY pleased with the agency. The flat was perfect--immaculate, tastefully decorated, extremely convenient and reasonably priced.
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:27 AM

Could you please forward a link to some of the good info you receieved re. London. We will be there next month. Did you purchase tickets to the regular sites here or wait to get them there? I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks