Première Classe CAEN Mondeville

Old Nov 9th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Première Classe CAEN Mondeville

Has anyone had experience with Première Classe hotels in France? The only room I've been able to find in Caen over the 60th anniversary celebration of the D-Day invasion is with this chain. It appears to be a bare bones setup, some rooms with bunk beds.

I'd rather have a room with some charm, but accommodations over the anniversary near the beaches are few and far between.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has stayed with the Première Classe chain.
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 07:17 PM

Try Bayeux for a hotel. Very close to Caen and a lovely town. The drive to the D-Day beaches is very easy.
We drove all along Normandy in September with no problem. We used alamo.com to rent a car in Caen. The office is a block away from the train station and is called National car rental. Good luck!!!!!
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

Bayeux would actually be my preference, but I can find no rooms there during the time we want to visit. We want to be there on the 5th and 6th, and most of Normandy near the beaches is already sold out, 7 months ahead of time! Argh!!
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 08:34 PM

In all my travelings in France I have never heard of Première Classe, which doesn't mean a thing except I've never heard of it.
Try the Bellefontaine in Bayeux. Lovely property. No swimming pool, no restaurant, but it doesn't matter as you can pop into town for breakfast easily. Rooms are big and charming and relatively inexpensive.
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 09:11 PM

Have to tried www.vrbo.com? Vacation Rentals By Owner; we found a lovely Manoir in Normandy. Alot are apartments with some good weekly rates. Good luck!!
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 03:47 AM

Premiere Classe is a non-frills motel chain, similar to Motel6. Its small, functional room has a double bed (sometimes twin) and a single bunk above it (only really suitable for a child), with shower and toilet. Not a place to linger, but ok to kip for the night.
Caen Mondeville is on the outskirts of town near autoroute junction and a large shopping mall. You'll need a car. If I were you I'd book it, as everything else will have been booked solid. Some years ago we turned up in Caen with no reservation (this was a Saturday in August) and found the whole town booked out. After several hours of fruitless search, we could eventually check-in near 8 pm after a no-show at another motel.