We begin our journey in September 2015. Most of the travel plans are finalized, but I have a few questions.
We arrive to Prague ( 4 Nights) and have a hotel near the Old town square and the clock.
I rented a van for our group of 5 and we will drive 4 hours to Wroclaw (2 Nights) and visit family there. We will drive to Boleslawiec and tour the Polish Potter factories and most likely add to our collections. Then a 4 hour drive to Krakow (4 Nights)! This is the heart of our trip. Cousins are traveling from Gdansk to meet with us along with cousins that reside in Krakow and surroundings. There will be Vodka and many toasts to the health of the family. Finally, we fly to Vienna (3 nights) and take a 1 day trip down the Danube and drink some Austrian wines... then a long flight home and back to work....
First question: Prague... I have located a private guide and would like suggestions for areas and streets to see. Our guide will accommodate the day to what we would like to see. Are there any suggestions? I think we will do one day tour around the castle grounds, but Prague has so much to offer... it is hard to choose! We would like to see more than just the Bridge, the Cathedral and Castle. I have delegated time to just wander around, shop and have a beverage, but this is a first trip to Prague for everyone and I want to make it a great memory.
(In Wroclaw & Krakow we will be in the hands of family so no questions there.)
Second question: Vienna... Klimt. We would like to find Klimt paintings, more like a scavenger hunt for a day. I think this will take us to many of the major sights. Any ideas???
Thank you for any ideas you might have!!! I have been working and saving and finally have a short break from school to finalize the trip. All suggestions will be appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GTG Paris December 2017
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 4 Christmas Markets 2017
- 5 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 6 Budget trip
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 9 Driving
- 10 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 11 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 12 Algarve Town Selection
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 17 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 20 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 23 Portugal
- 24 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 25 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia