We are planning our holiday for May 2013 to Prague. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 10 years.
We are planning to stay in Prague for 4-5 nights and then move to Dresden 3 nights and then Berlin 4-5 nights and fly out of Hamburg. If we take this route, can we squeeze in a couple of nights in a scenic moutain resort as the kids enjoy the mountains and the cable cars etc. In May would these places be really warm as we prefer cooler climate.
Alternately, we were thinking of Prague 4-5 nights, then Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Salzburg for 3 nights and fly out of Munich with 3 nights in Zell Am See .
Which of the above itineraries would you recommend and why.
Our tickets are not booked so we are flexible with the dates.
Have researched this forum on things to do etc. but need guidance on the following :
How do we book cheap train tickets for Prague to Dresden. Will dbahn allow us to buy tickets for a point outside Germany? Is there any cheap regional ticket we can use within Czech Republic (something similar to Lander ticket in Germany). In case we opt for second routing then how do we buy bus tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 4 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 5 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 6 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 7 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 8 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 9 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 10 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 13 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Greece during Easter week or August
- 16 Iceland driving in March
- 17 Northern Spain road trip
- 18 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 19 Help with Spain itinerary
- 20 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 21 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 22 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 23 Where to stay in Naples?
- 24 Driving
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid