Prague transport from airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the best way to get from the airport in Prague to accommodation that's not in the centre of town (ie Prague 4)?
I've heard the taxis can be a rip off for the unwary, but is there a "reliable" source for taxis at the airport? If so, what would it cost approximately? There are two of us, so it may be that the taxi wouldn't be much more expensive (and much more convenient) than an airport transport and then the train.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 10:15 PM

In May 2003 we (my husband and I) used Prague Shuttle (www.prague-airport-shuttle.com) which I reserved online before we left home. We paid about $20.00. Of course the exchange rate was much better then. We were pleased with the service and would use them again.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 05:34 AM

Call/fax/e-mail your hotel and ask what the taxi fare should be. Use this if you have a problem when you arrive at the hotel, and if necessary get the hotel doorman or front desk person involved. I have found that the only rip off in taxis in Prague is if you take one from in front of your hotel, there is usually a premium charged for this. Just walk down the street a few blocks and look for a taxi stand (or ask your hotel where the nearest stand is). It is hard to flag them on the street.

FYI, I took a taxi yesterday to and from the airport to Prague 4 (Na Strzi area)and it cost 700 Krs each way. (About US$28).
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Probably by CEDAZ shuttle or more convinence way is to use one of ariprt taxi transfers like www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk We used them they were great!
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 06:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
We were just in Prague a couple of weeks ago (report being written) and used Cedaz.

They have two services; one to Republic Sq (less expensive) and the other directly to your hotel (more expensive).

They have an easily recognizable booth at the airport. You can look them up online for current rates.

It worked well.
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 07:58 PM

You can use Cedaz, another airport shuttle, or a taxi. The taxis that are lined up are supposed to have set fares to certain areas of the city. Ask what the fare will be when you get in. DO NOT let them charge you more when you get there. You will be fine. Also, if you happen to get an AAA taxi, they are best. However, whichever one is next in the que will have to be the one that you approach. Since the shuttles charge by person, depending on the fares, it might be the same or cheaper if you take a taxi. Shuttles are $15 to $20 per person. I would say a taxi might be $30-$35. Luggage extra, though... You could also ask at the airport info desk. They will know how much it should cost.

The other option is to arrange a driver ahead of time with your hotel or place of accomodation.

You can also take the express bus to the metro at Dejvicka & catch the subway to Prague 4.
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 08:13 PM

ttt
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 06:00 AM

I suppose the most recent posts would be helpful to someone dropping in, but obviously not to the original poster, since this thread originated in April 2005!