Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Prague Tour Guides (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/prague-tour-guides-400962/)

kriscat Jul 24th, 2008 03:02 PM

Prague Tour Guides

I just came back from a trip to the Czech Republic. The best thing I did was hire my own tour guide, Sarka Kacabova, www.prague-guide.info Sarka did research and made contacts for me to visit my ancestors village. She arranged for my luggage at the hotel while I went touring the last day, she arranged a driver to pick me up from the airport, a Czech Folklore Evening and my own personal guide Katarina Kruspanova. Katarina took me around Prague and the countryside for 2 1/2 days. She took me where I wanted to go, the Old Town, a medevial restaurant, St. Vitus Cathedral, Havelesk Market, Ungeldt Courtyard, she knew just where to have me stand to be on the front row of the changing of the guards at the castle. Katarina took me to my ancestors village and then to a fascinating city, Kutna Hora, with a unique Bone Chapel, St. Barbaras Cathedral and more. She taught me how to use the metro and train system so the rest of my European trip to other countries was a success. I can't recommend their services enough, I want to go back to the Czech Republic and do more and I'll definitely contact Sarka and Katarina for my guides.

galeforce Jul 24th, 2008 03:45 PM

Hi Kriscat, I am going to Czech Republic in September and have hired a guide through Sarka as well. My guides name is Barbara Liskova and I'm looking forward to having her show us the hidden Prague. My family comes from a small village called Krucemburk which is southeast of Kutna Hora near Havlickuv Brod. I would be interested to hear about the Czech Folklore evening.

I hope you write a trip report. I'd love to hear more.

kriscat Aug 10th, 2008 01:58 PM

The Czech Folklore Evening was arranged through Sarka Kacabova. It was called Czech Gardens Folklore Evening. It usually happens in a garden but since it was raining the evening I went it was held in a decorated room for 40 people. There were 2 couples wearing Czech Folk costumes, they changed into 3 different costumes during the evening. There was a singer/mc girl dressed in a folklore costume and a folk band including a Hammer Dulcimer, Clarinet, and violin, maybe an accordian. We were served a wonderful Czech meal family style at our tables and audience participation in dancing and singing was encouraged. My son danced with one of the dancers and I played a jug/horse hair instrument. It was beautiful and a lot of fun.
[email protected]

galeforce Aug 11th, 2008 03:36 PM

Kriscat,

Thanks for the information. I'll "czech" into it.

betsym Aug 14th, 2008 07:23 AM

We were in Prague in late April and used Rosto with Praguedaytrips.com - their email is [email protected]
He was a wealth of information and nothing was too much trouble for him. We enjoyed a wonderful day in Cesky Krumlov and he also picked us up and returned us to the airport for a modest fee. Can't extol his services enough. They also have a US telephone number to call.

galeforce Aug 14th, 2008 03:36 PM

Thanks for the information. I;'m so excited...We leave for Prague in just 4 weeks.