Prague to Cesky Krumlov by train or bus?

Jun 17th, 2001, 08:22 AM
blank

Prague to Cesky Krumlov by train or bus?

Anybody?

Jun 17th, 2001, 10:21 AM
rw

i did it by bus a few years ago, it was about 3 hours and took you right there. i seem to think that the train didn't take you to krumlov but nearby, and you had to take a bus there. i could be wrong. interesting bus ride too...you get to ride with the locals!

Jun 17th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Kristin

Several years ago we took a train as far as Cesky Budjejovice (sp?) and then a bus on to Cesky Krumlov. The reason for the change was that the train was supposed to not go into town at C.K., but the bus did. Perhaps we could have taxied the rest of the way. I don't know. The change to the bus was not difficult, because the bus station was right next to (or across the road from) the train station and the "layover" was long enough, but not too long, as I recall.

Jun 17th, 2001, 05:54 PM
karen

Thanks for your suggestions-I don't know what happened to my original question but I guess you get the idea from my heading.

Jun 17th, 2001, 06:40 PM
Dennis

Martin Tours offers a tour to Cesky Krumlov from Prague. They bus you to Cesky Krumlov in a mini bus. You get there around noon. The tour guide will explain points of interest down to the center of the old town. Here you are on your own for lunch. After lunch the group gathered again and the tour guide explained points of interest through the rest of the old town. We had a planned tour of the castle around 2 pm. We had around 1 hour to look through the old town on our own before our castle tour began. At around 2 pm we met at the castle, where our guide took us into the castle where we were met by the castle tour guide. The castle tour was very good. After we get done with the castle tour, we went back to the mini bus, where we were bused back to Prague. We were bused back to the tour operator booth. We were on our own to find our way back to our hotel.

Jun 17th, 2001, 09:00 PM
Lou

We went last year by bus. We just decided to sign up for the trip at one of the booths near Wenceslas Square. It was about $50 USD for the bus ride to and from C.K., and it included the tours of the castle and the theater, as well as lunch. We really wished that we had spent one night there in the town instead of the day tour.. If you can find a place, it's not very expensive, and it's such a wonderful place that looks as though it would be perfect on a starry night. Make sure that you don't miss the theater!

Jun 18th, 2001, 06:50 AM
Karen

Since my question disappeared, I should clarify. I am spending a couple of nights there so I am not wanting a day tour but just the best form of transportation. It seems like in other posts I see everyone talks about the bus but I was planning on the train. Sounds like the bus may be better.