I will be visiting Europe end of October through first half of November. My tentative itinerary is as follows:
Arrive in Prague
Prague - 5 nights
Cesky Krumlov - 2 nights
CK to Salzburg (via shuttle?)
Salzburg - 4 nights
Vienna - 6 nights
Budapest - 5 nights.
Fly home from Budapest.
I have posted before and it was suggested that I should take a shuttle from CK to Salzburg. I am still trying to figure out the last part of the trip and how to allot time in Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest . To give you an idea - I'm traveling solo so I may not do some of the outdoor things that may be easier or at least more enjoyable to do with another person. I enjoy history, fine art and architecture, not a drinker, enjoy music and plan on making a couple of standing room only opera visits just to experience it. Once I know when I'll be in which city, I'll post what operas are playing. Not interested in visiting too many churches -- will enjoy many from the outside. Will be using only public transportation.
Regarding Salzburg - - any opinions on a trip to Werfen ice caves? Apparently, Eagle's Nest likely will not be open as I will be arriving in Salzburg around Nov. 1st. I enjoy this history but am not familiar enough with Berchtesgaden and if it is worth a day trip at this point for the other sites there. I also would like to attend a musical event in Salzburg but nothing too upscale, just something simple to pass the time on an evening. I do not plan on a day trip to Hallstatt at this time.
Seems like I have a lot of time in Vienna and Budapest. Too much in Budapest? If I cut a day out of Budapest or Vienna, feel free to chime in with any ideas of other places to visit or how to redistribute my time on my overall route. I know Bratislava has been mentioned as a day trip from Vienna, so maybe I'll look into that again.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 South of France
- 3 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 4 Help with Spain itinerary
- 5 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 6 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 7 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 8 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 9 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 10 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 13 paris to london- day trip
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 16 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 17 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 18 Family vacation
- 19 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 which language school in Italy?
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 European Christmas Markets Itinerary