Prague or Barcelona

Feb 18th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Prague or Barcelona

Need your advice on this one. Hubby will be doing business in Paris in April and wants me to meet him in either Prague or Barcelona. We are only familiar with Barcelona as two of our children have visted there and loved it but hubby thought Prague might be good before they go to the euro. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I would like to just go to Paris and hang out but he wants out of Paris as he would like to try something different. We have been to Italy and Ireland (would go back in a nano second, but he wants something different). Thanks for your opinions.
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:20 PM

You can't go wrong with either choice. They are both wonderful cities to visit, gorgeous with lots to see and do.

Imho, Prague is cheaper and is a little more compact, at least where the main tourist sights are concerned. You can walk from one sight to another very easily. Barcelona is a little more spread out, although still easy to get around via public transport.

How much time do you have? What kinds of things do you like to do? If architecture is a particular interest, I'd say Barcelona, but if it's history, go with Prague, which has the look and feel of a much, much older city.

I'd probably cast my vote with the hubby for Prague, if only because it will probably get more expensive when it goes to the euro.
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Agree go to Prague before they go to the Euro.
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the insight. We love both history and architecture so in that respect we would enjoy both. We also enjoy sitting in a cafe with a glass of wine and people watch. Thanks again.

Search this Thread