Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Prague MARRIOTT places to eat nearby after 10:30pm

Oct 1st, 2003, 01:28 AM
Original Poster

Hi
First time to Prague next week and will stay at the Marriott for just 1 night arriving at around 10:30pm. Will it be easy to find a restaurant at that time?
I will be on business and don't want to break my budget so average mid range places are better.
Any advice greatfully accepted.
Thanks
Muck
Oct 1st, 2003, 07:50 AM

Mucky:

Can't give you advice from personal experience. We made our first trip to Prague last May and loved it, but I'm far from familiar with the city. I don't know where the Marriott is located, but it was our experience in general that most restaurants didn't stay open very late.

Perhaps this web site will help you with your search. It seems to list the hours open.

http://www.praguepost.com/restaurants/
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:09 AM

That is fairly late to find restaurants. It is possible one of those in the Municipal House across the street may be open -- given their clientele and ambience, that would be a good bet (you can certainly eat there at midrange, but it is not a cheap place, although nice). Their cafe is only open until 11 pm. Although you may not want to, the one in the Marriott will probably be open, won't it?

The ones around Old Town Square may well be open that late given they cater to tourists so much, and that's just a short walk from that hotel.

My best advice is to check out the Hotel Imperial which is very near the Marriott on the same street -- at 15, na Porici. This is definitely not expensive and one of my favorite cafes in Prague, regardless. They also have live jazz some nights so I expect are open later. I'd drop by there first. Some cafes close at 11 and others are open until midnight (like Slavia near the National Theatre), and I don't know the Imperial's hours. Most restaurants seem to close at 11.

10:30 isn't too late, actually, it's just that some regular restaurants might not want to start serving at 11-12 pm.
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:00 AM
Original Poster

Hi
Just back from my Czech Republic trip where I tried my best to mix business with the pleasure of tourism.
We found some fabulous restaurants in both Prague and Plzen which is about 55 miles away from Prague.
In Prague the Marriott was a sumptuous lovely high standard hotel, unfortunately we arrived there at around 10:30 went straight out for dinner and was up and out to travel to Plzen before 7:00am.
This was a very expensive 9 hr stay.
Anyway we took advice from our Czech colleagues regarding restaurants and they recommended the 'Usadlu' on Klimentska 2, Praha 1.which was about 3 blocks away from the Marriott.
www.usadlu.cz
What a great place ! Down into the cellars of the building to a medieval dungeon which has great atmosphere and fabulous food. It was so cheap, unlike many restaurants in Prague.
Next time I go to Prague I will re visit .
After a few days working and staying in Plzen, which is 3rd largest town in CZ .
I finally managed a full day in Prague.
I will post my findings later, however we found a great pub and restaurant which I can highly recommend.
The 3 black roses ('U 3 cernych ruzi' sorry can't get the correct accents etc to come up) which is on the corner of Zámecká 05 Praha 01. This is not far from Prague castle and St Nicky's Cathedral/church.
Will post again later
Muck

Feb 13th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Original Poster

ttt