We are a youngish couple (Mid 30ies) from Mumbai India and travel once or twice in a year. We love visiting new cities and getting immersed in the city, culture and cuisine. We are relatively relaxed travelers and like to visit local places as much as tourist attractions and like offbeat experiences. Also it is not a must for us to visit all the tourist attractions.
I am planning a trip to Prague, Krakow and Budapest in October and wanted a few inputs from you guys. Unfortunately for this trip we have a limited time frame and we are trying to cover 3 cities in 10 days! So following is the plan:
5th Oct fly to Prague reaching at 9.00 am
5th to 8th - Prague
8th Oct take the overnight train to Krakow reaching Krakow in the morning
9th to 10th - Krakow (excluding Auschwitz)
10th Oct take the overnight train to Budapest reaching Budapest in the morning.
11th to 14th - Budapest
15th Oct fly back home.
- Do we have enough time in Prague and Budapest to do justice
- since we are travelling at night mainly we have included Krakow for 2 days/I night. Does this seem do able or over ambitious. We just want to get the feel of the city since we have heard so much and this gives us the opportunity to get a quick taste for a future trip.
- Weather. I know it would be Autumn in Europe and temperatures would range from 6 to 16 degrees.
- Any off beat experience or suggestions you may have. We did a tapas tour in Madrid that we really loved. Something on similar lines would be fun and give us a good understanding of the cuisine and culture. Any one been try the running tour in Budapest. I hear it is great fun.
I have not yet decided on places to stay or sightseeing plans.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 4 Trans Siberian Train
- 5 Greece during Easter week or August
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 The World's Greatest Churches
- 10 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 My France Vacation
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 Iceland driving in March
- 23 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 24 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?