Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Prague hotels around $150 in early september

Old Feb 24th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am researching hotels in Prague for an upcoming trip. We'd like to spend around $150 (including tax and fees), and tend to gravitate to the small, charming type places (but are flexible).

As I am reading reviews, I see some hotels are not non-smoke, and even some of the non-smoke places do not properly enforce the rule. I want a non-smoke place that does enforce it. Elevator is not necessary. If early September could be warm, then a/c is desirable. We would like to be within walking distance of most of the significant sites (we are walkers). Breakfast is a plus, but not necessary. It's only for a couple of nights.

Thanks.
Old Feb 24th, 2015, 09:56 PM

I wpould check through Booking.com, you can look at the map and hover over each place to get a rough idea of prices.
I have stayed in many hotels in prague over the last 20+ years and find most rooms now are non.smoking and many palces only allow smoking in certain areas amnd i really detsest smoking.
in september A/C would not be an issue for me but many places do have a/c now though older properties tend not to have.I sually find the higher end 4&5 star hotels are more likely to charge for breakfast than the 3 star hotel i use.
Have a look at places and make a short list and post here .I may be able to advise on some of the hotels ,well certainly their location
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 03:16 AM

We stayed in an apt/hotel that was 1/2 block from subway;
huge breakfast, free wifi (extra charge, free and had alot of room.

www.lublanka.cz
email: [email protected]
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 03:36 AM

We recently stayed at the Charles Bridge Residence located right at the end of the Charles Bridge (we used booking.com to book). Excellent staff, nice large room, no smoking, breakfast incl, at a nearby café, AC, right at the end of the bridge. Location could get a bit noisy I would assume because you are literally right off the bridge, but we are only in the hotel early morning and late night, so not an issue for us. Under $150 per night, great staff. Plus easy to access the bridge early or late when the tourists have gone, which is gorgeous!!
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!

I was just looking into Hotel Pod Vezi, which I believe is very close to the Charles Bridge Residence. Anyone familiar with Pod Vezi? Thoughts?
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 06:52 AM

never been in it but location wise for a first time visitor is excellent but be aware this is probably one of the busiest areas in the city for tourists and the place will be full of people all day and late into the evening and early morning.
Look carefully at all the reviews, Bookings .com are saying £75 per night and that seems fairly cheap to me for that area.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:09 AM

Plenty of choices here: http://www.avehotels.cz/ Bishop's House is less than 200 feet from the Charles Bridge.

Define "warm" - Brits get hot at 20C, Americans from anywhere other than the upper Midwest can handle anything up to 25C without trouble.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

In this case, my idea of 'warm' is more along the lines of the Brits. I like my sleeping temps below 70F if possible.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

I checked ratings on google, venere, booking, tripadvisor and all are very high. Ranked #3 on TA, and people comment on how quiet it is, considering the location. It seems like good 'bang for the buck'.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 11:37 PM

if you are happy with it, then go for it. area wise it is great as you can walk everywhere, loads of places to eat and drink in the area though you will be paying for the location. Kampa island is a nice quieter area just off Charles Bridge with some nice places to eat ,I like the no1 restaurant of the Archibald Hotel .You are just a short walk from a tram stop that will get you to various parts of the city and up to the castle area.
I am back in Prague in the middle of May so if you want me to check anything out I will try and do so if I get time.going for the world ice Hockey Finals and the Czech Beer festival so don't know how fit I will be to check things out, plus I am staying in the Dejvicka area of the city and not in the centre.
Big Russ mentions the AVE hotel group ,I have used one of their hotels many times in the Dejvicka area but they recently sold that to another company and the prices have doubled.