Prague Hotel Recommendations for group of 20

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am making plans for a group of 20 to visit Prague in July, 2008. They would like to stay fairly close to downtown but cannot afford very much. Any recommendations?
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM

How long do you intend to stay for, and what is the range of price that is not very much? To some people, that could mean 125 euro a night, and to others, it could mean 20 euro a night. It's a big difference. Also, some apartments might be possible that are cheaper than hotels (although a real cheap hotel might work), but they could have minimum stay requirements.
Old Dec 11th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

They will be there for 5 nights. The apartments they are renting in Berlin work out to about 20-25 euros per night per person and they were hoping for the same price range in Prague. Is that even a possibility?
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Search around on www.hotel4you.cz, www.travel.cz, www.marys.cz, etc

There are hostels, and places with multiple apartments in one building.

There is a hostel next to the Namesti Miru metro stop (you could walk to Wenceslas Square from there), but I forget the name. It's worth looking into.

Whatever you do, avoid the Strahov hostels near the castle. They are leftover from Communist times, and are from the old soccer stadium complex. Cheap, but don't do it!!

If you are stuck, post back, because I work with a summer festival that accomodates large groups, and I can get you a contact name to help you with booking.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 06:44 AM

Helo,
I can propose you 5-6 apartments in the street VLASKA, below the chateau, in so called Mala Strana, Prague 1, historical part of the centre, 5 mn on feet from Charles Bridge for average price of 20-30 euro per pax and night depending number of persons in the apartment; you can write me on [email protected] (I'm Czech living in France and working in a travel agency); can send you some pictures of proposed apartments. I deal with Prague since 20 years and know 80% of hotels (but not all apartments proposed on the net).