Prague hotel recommendations

Jul 19th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Prague hotel recommendations

We are going to Prague for the first time this Sept and need help finding a hotel. Not sure what area to stay in, prefer to be within walking distance of sites etc, 3 * is good. Also, we will be arriving from Paris, should we fly or take the train. any help & suggestions? Thank you. Oh yeh, we will be there for 5 days, is it worthwhile to also go to Budapest, or is that thinnng it out too much?
Jul 19th, 2007, 07:20 AM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34916378

I recommend Residence Mala Strana 3* and Hotel Roma 4* where I have stayed for their location (both in Mala Strana area) and for their rates. Walking distance to many main sites but a bit away from the crowd. Neither has air-condition but you can possibly do without it in September. But if you are afraid for summer heat to stay in September, you might need to pay a bit more for air-condition.

From Paris, you should fly, I imagine. Train might take 24 hrs?
Jul 19th, 2007, 07:32 AM

I'd say stick with Prague, it's so vibrant, so many inexpensive cultural offerings, and you'll want to take a day trip or two-keep Budapest for another trip.

And yes, definitely fly-there are some excellent fares from Orly to Prague on Sky Europe-some specials are 47 Euro up to around 67 Euro one way-I wouldn't think of spending all that time training when you can get there in an hour, and so inexpensively.

As for hotels, K & K Hotel Central is a highly recommended 3-4 star, but rather expensive, also, HOTEL JULIAN, a 4 star, with rates at around 132 Euro a night, right by the Charles Bridge on the edge of the Mala Strana.

http://www.julian.cz/en/location.html

Search this Thread