Notices

prague/budapest

Aug 1st, 2012, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

prague/budapest

do u think it's a good idea to go for 1 week over christmas or is the weather too cold and damp?
Aug 1st, 2012, 09:10 AM

It will be cold and damp but that doesn't bother everyone. You have to decide if you want a winter vacation in a cold climate. I think it's a good idea.
Aug 1st, 2012, 09:36 AM

What is "too cold and damp"? This is not a universal standard. If you're from somewhere tropical, you'll hate it. If you're from Siberia, you won't.

The weather is cold. The real question is if you want to pay the price - Prague hotels crank up their rates as you approach New Year's Eve.
Aug 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM

Without knowing where you're from and what weather you're used to - it's impossible to say.

Winter weather in those places is similar to the US NE - so just fine for me. I really prefer it to midsummer. If you're used to FL you may find it to be too cold.

My DH's niece - lived in FL her whole life - came to visit us in a warm winter and kept asking us to turn up the heat every time the temp got below 75. (We have a really warm apartment.) I explained to her in NY in winter day time temp has to be 68 and night time 55 - and that's why there are sweaters.

Search this Thread