Reload this Page >

Prague - Anyone have a trip report

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2001, 04:00 PM
steve

Does anyone have a trip report to prague I could read? <BR> <BR>Thanks....

Old May 9th, 2001, 05:59 PM
e

I was there many years ago. <BR>I really enjoyed the old section . <BR>I hear Prague is a real party city for the young now. Have Fun.

Old May 9th, 2001, 06:05 PM
s.fowler

Just did a search on this site ... didn't see an obvious one in the first 10oo posts that came up. Your earlier thread reappeared though. Why don't you ask some specific questions -- tell us what you interests are etc... The those of us who have been there can pitch in where we can

Old May 10th, 2001, 01:17 AM
Ben Haines

Not quite a trip report, but not bad, are three sites. <BR>"48 hours in Prague", and "From Kafka to Zappa", both in http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...urope/eastern/. <BR>Also <BR>http://www.inyourpocket.com <BR>http://www.volny.cz/prague2001/ <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London <BR>

Old May 10th, 2001, 04:59 AM
Lee

Steve, <BR> <BR>If you email me directly, I'll send a copy of ours to you.

Old May 10th, 2001, 05:28 AM
Steve

Thanks for your help. What I am struggling with at the moment is what area to stay, and what specific hotels. We have been to Europe several times and enjoy family run facilities. We by no means like to rough it. So a nice, clean, safe hotel in the old town would suit us perfectly. We are also going to have a car, so I need a hotel with parking. It appears that a lot offer paid parking with security. We dont mind paying for the service. <BR> <BR>Thanks again.... <BR> <BR>Steve

Old May 11th, 2001, 06:19 AM
Jim

Steve, <BR> <BR>My wife and I spent 4 nights in October at the Ambassador Hotel on Wenceslas Square and found it comfortable and well-situated. It is a step below luxury, but we had a nice (if somewhat small) room with a reasonably large, marble bathroom. It was favorably priced for what it offered, including a very nice breakfast. We did not have a car, however, so I cannot speak to the issue of parking.

Old May 12th, 2001, 11:52 PM
Linda

We went in Nov. '99 and loved Prague! It was very cold for the first few days, and warmed up a bit before we left. We were there for 8 days. <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel, and even though it's a Marriott property, it still had a very European feel to it, and it was very comfortable and close to everything. You can walk every where in Prague, you really don't need a car at all. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps a little.

Old May 13th, 2001, 04:47 PM
vickie

Hi Steve, <BR>I'm living in Prague temporarily and did a hotel search for friends recently. If you want something really special, I recommend Romantic Hotel U Raka, a family-run restored timber farmhouse that is near the castle. The family are artists and it is very picturesque. The suite is charming, complete with a well, fireplace and small patio.

Old May 14th, 2001, 04:06 AM
Mary Ann

Hi Steve <BR>We were in Prague in Sept. 99. Stayed at The Cloister Inn, fringe of old town, kind of centered between Wenselas Square and Old Town with Easy walking to Charles Bridge. They have very secure parking, great breakfast and on site is the Pension Unitas. It is on a quiet street across from the police station. <BR>Briefly we walked over the Bridge to the castle area the first night and had dinner. Then took the street car over the next day, did the castle area, walked down to the lower square, had lunch then walked over to Old Town, did the clock thing. That night went to Wenselas and to a trio performance in the Museum, dinner on the square. Next day went to the Jewish Square, lunch and shopping in Old Town. That night met friends for dinner over by the castle. It is a great city, we had great weather, have a wonderful time.

Old May 14th, 2001, 05:56 AM
mimi

Just returned from Prague and loved the city. We stayed at the Meteor Plaza,a 4 star hotel with the original property dating from the 1300's. You can eat and drink in the wine cellar and see the original building. We had one of the largest rooms that I have ever had in Europe and the bathroom was to die for. The location was great, near the powder tower of old town, near new town, near the tram and metro, and a nice walk to the Charles Bridge and lesser town. It was the most expensive hotel that we used this trip but we really enjoyed being there. It was near the Marriot and the Renaissance so it was a very safe location. I did not like the location of the Castle for it seemed to far away for the walking that we enjoy doing and of course it was to high on the hill. Prague has very good restaurants and the prices are of the 1970's. We found that the majority of travelers this month were from France and Italy and the Americans made up a small minority. We took a guided tour of the castles outside of Prague and enjoyed it. Could not believe you could spend 8 1/2 hours on a tour, have a lunch which was like a dinner, and have a great guide all for the sum of $40. Have a great trip.