My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Prague and then Slovenia or Hungary over the hoildays. We know that we either want to start or end in Prague... our question is Slovenia vs. Hungary. We plan on renting a car in Prague and then driving to either country and exploring. How is driving between these countries in the winter? Are the roads kept clear?
We are really interested in wine tasting... and love the ice wines of Hungary but have read about wine tasting in Slovenia as well. I am also looking for great places to stay, castles, palaces, etc. I have heard a little about spending New Years at a castle, but have yet to find a great one yet.
Any help in making this decision would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Christmas Markets 2017
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 12 land vs river cruise
- 13 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 14 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 15 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 paris to london- day trip
- 19 10 days in europe
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Where to stay in Naples?
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 European honeymoon help needed