Prague Airport to Nove Mesto

May 5th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Prague Airport to Nove Mesto

What is the best way to get from Prague Airport to the New Town section of the city?

Is there a good shuttle service??

Cheers, John G.
May 5th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

ttt
May 5th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Topping for the Europeans. Good morning, darling.
May 5th, 2004, 11:11 PM

Good Morning Luv--not from Europe but California.

We used Prague Shuttle (www.prague-airport-shuttle.com)last year and were very satisfied with their service. We stayed in Josefov and had a pleasant driver (Canadian born) who gave us some tips about the city.

Would definitely use them again.
May 6th, 2004, 03:34 AM

I'll second Prague Airport Shuttle. Run by a Canadian expat and staffed by 'em, too. They were on time, courteous, and gave good info - I will warn you that it can take a while to get through Passport control, but they do wait up to 45 minutes after your flight arrives... Have a great time!
May 6th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks.
May 6th, 2004, 09:56 AM

Prague is really easy for airport transportation. I've used two methods, both were fine. Last time I used a group shuttle van, but you don't have to reserve these ahead of time, just walk out to the tranportation area (for taxis and shuttles) and they are on the right side, you can't miss them.

The other method I used was a private airport taxi car which is also at the same place, more in the middle or directly in front of you from the doors. This was just like a taxi, but had the name Airport something on the side, and was not a regular cab company. YOu don't need to reserve that either. The shuttle is cheaper, obviously, and in Prague that's not a bad idea as the airport isn't as far from the city, and the central area people are going may be smaller, so it won't take a lot of extra time.

I really like the Prague method where you don't have to do any of this reservation stuff ahead of time. Sure, you may have to wait a little for the van to fill up, but I only had to wait about 10 minutes for that.
May 6th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

I just booked with prague-airport-shuttle.com. It was so easy, not like booking into Betty Ford for a month. (I've told the director a million times that they should have Express Check-in.)

Thanks to all who have helped me. It is so nice to see REAL travellers offering advice instead of frauds kvetching on other threads about who has the biggest piece of cheese.
May 6th, 2004, 01:16 PM

Hi,

Why not use public transport.

There is a travel info desk in the airport near the Cedok desk.

Purchase a 24hr bus/tram/metro pass for 12Kc.

Walk outside get bus (101 from memory) to Dejvicka metro and then the metro to the centre - allow 1 hour.

Airport shuttles simply get to your hotel with having no contact with local culture and all that comes with it.

Hope this helps.
May 6th, 2004, 04:16 PM

The public transportation to & from the airport really is SUPER cheap (under a dollar). There is an express bus that goes between Dejvicka metro & the airport (Ruzyne). If you don't have much luggage, it is the way to go, if you're on a budget, or just want to see a different part of Prague. To get to New Town, you would take the green line (Dejvicka) to Mustek, which puts you in Wenceslas Square.

Other than that, there are the airport shuttles, as mentioned. (I think Cedok has one, also? It stops at certain points in the city and costs around a dollar or two..). Taxis really aren't that expensive, since the airport is not far from town. Under $15. Settle the price before you ride, and it is the quickest way.
May 6th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info. I am taking my mother to Prague because she has breast cancer and wants to see the city before she dies. She is not one to take public transportation, let alone with luggage. Another reason we wanted to book the airport shuttle is because our return flight to Frankfurt leaves at 7 AM. Therefore, we want someone reliable who is going to be at the hotel on time.

I agree that taking public transport is a great way to come in contact with people. If I were not travelling with my mother I would definitely take the bus. We, of course, will probably take the Metro from our hotel, Esplanade in Nove Mesto, to Mala Strana.

Cheers, John G.
May 6th, 2004, 06:43 PM

Hope you and your mother have a great time, John! I wouldn't worry too much about getting to the airport early in the morning. I've taken taxis to Ruzyne at 5 AM before, and it was super quick. Your hotel can help you with a reliable car service, also. Enjoy Prague!!