Post Your Honeymoon Itinerary

Jan 14th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Post Your Honeymoon Itinerary

Id Love to see any honeymoon itineraries throughout Italy, Spain, France, Greece and other surrounding countries. This will help me to gain some other ideas... Thanks!
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:52 AM

We're spending our honeymoon in Italy in late June/early July. We are planning to spend 3 nights in Venice, 3 nights in Tuscany (not sure which city yet, but will day-trip into Florence one day), and 4 nights in Rome. My fiancé has recently heard about Positano and wants to add a couple of nights onto the end of the honeymoon there.
Jan 14th, 2004, 01:50 PM

We're leaving May 24 for 10 nights in Spain. We're flying into Madrid and getting a connecting flight to Malaga, picking up a rental car and driving to the Kempinski Resort in Estepona. Three nights there, then driving to Ronda for a night at the parador. We're driving to Granada to stay at the parador for two nights (hopefully) and then driving to Seville for two nights at Casa Numero 7. Then we're taking the train to Madrid for two nights, staying at the Villa Real, and flying home.
Jan 14th, 2004, 01:59 PM

We honeymooned in Spain last April and were there during Semana Santa. We flew into Madrid, took the train to Toledo and spent 2 nights at the Hostal del Cardenal. Then took the train to Sevilla and spent 4 nights at Casas de la Juderia. From there, train to Granada and 2 nights at the Parador in the Alhambra. Finally, we flew from Granada to Barcelona and spent 4 nights at the Hotel Condes. Every stop was wonderful!
Jun 16th, 2004, 10:10 AM

I know this is an old post, but I think it's a great idea! I am a honeymoon planning addict these days, although ours is set. I can't get enough of this forum! We leave July 3rd for Greece and Amalfi Coast:
1 night Athens (Grand Bretagne), 3 nights Mykonos (Mykonos Blu), 2 nights Hydra (Bratsera), 5 nights Santorini (Katikies), 3 nights Positano (Sirenuse), 2 nights Capri (Caesar Augustus). We absolutely can't wait to go!
Jun 16th, 2004, 11:27 AM

We're leaving for our honeymoon on June 28. We're doing 1 night outside of Rome (don't want to go too far w/ the jet lag), 3 nights in Positano ()sseing Pompeii on the way and day trip to Ravello and maybe Capri), 2 nights in Southern Tuscany (we haven't chosen which towns to visit yet, but will definitely hit Sienna the day we head to Florence), 3 nights in Florence and 4 nights in Rome (stopping in Lucca between Florence and Rome).
Jun 16th, 2004, 11:29 AM

We also honeymooned in Europe last year:

2 nights in Edinburgh
7 nights in London
6 nights in Paris
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Assisi
5 nights in Rome

LOVED IT, and are going back for 1 week in London, 1 week in Paris in Sept!
Jun 16th, 2004, 11:58 AM

We leave for Greece next week!!!!!
5 nights in Sithonia (Danai Beach Resort)has anyone been.....
1 night Athens (Grand Bretagne)
3 nights Santorini (Perivolas)
5 nights Crete (Elounda Beach Resort)

Don't want to wish the wedding away, but we CANT WAIT!!!!!!
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:15 PM

We honeymooned in Italy last August and our itinerary was as follows:

Florence: 3 days. Stayed at Grand Hotel Baglioni.

Siena: 4 days. Stayed at Garden Hotel. We also took a one day cooking course which we loved: http://www.eccolacucina.com/

Rome: 5 days. Stayed at Hotel Piranesi. I just love, love, love Rome even more after each visit.

Positano: 4 days. Stayed at Buca di Bacco. I have a new favorite place in the world. We had the best part of our trip here. I did a mini trip report on this part of our trip: http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...malfi+coast%22

We just booked our trip to Spain for our one year anniversary and will be in Barcelona for 5 days, Madrid for 5 days - taking day trips to Toledo, Escorial, etc, Malaga for 7 days - taking trips to Granada and Seville, then back to Madrid for another 2 days before we come back home.

I can't wait!!

Syddie - I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to wish the wedding away - I felt that way last year right before my wedding day - we couldn't wait to get to Italy!

Best wishes ladies!
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:17 PM

Lax to Paris

3 nights - Paris

Overnite Coushette to Venice

4 nights - Venice
3 nights - Florence
4 nights - Rome