So I booked a ticket from Rome to Bolzano using Trenitalia. I ended up with a 2nd class economy ticket on the frecciargento to Verona, then a Regionale to Bolzano.
Now, it looks like my trip plans have changed, and now I wish to make a stopover in Modena to visit the Ferrari factory. This means I have to change my train itinerary from Rome>Verona>Bolzano to Rome>Bologna>Modena and then buy an additional Modena>Bologna/Bolzano.
Is it possible to change my existing ticket, so that I can apply the money paid on the original ticket to the new itinerary? It is not just a time change but an actual itinerary/destination change- I looked around for info on that but it did not seem obvious if it was possible. "Economy" tickets say they are changeable but not refundable, but I don't know if changeable means just picking a new time, or if you can change the destination too.
I logged into trenitalia and selected my trip, then chose "exchange solution", but when I went through it had an error saying that the ticket class must be "economy cambia biglietto". I don't know if it is some random error or a consequence of a limitation of the Economy ticket.
Would this be possible if I called trenitalia on the phone? (Do their agents speak english? I know no italian) or, can I get this changed at a train station once I arrive in Italy and am able to speak to someone at the ticketing desk, or would I have to simply eat the price paid for the previously booked ticket and just book new ones to reflect the new itinerary?
Thanks, not sure how best to proceed from here
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 skype Supp0rt Contact 1~888~260:29O9 Password Reset Tec*h CALL 24*7vs
- 2 शिकार KODAK PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACT KODAK Techh care S/P
- 3 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 4 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 5 Sleep at Heathrow
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 8 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 9 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 10 2 week May trip with kids
- 11 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 12 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Rail vs. Plane
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 Self Drive UK tour
- 19 Where to See Flamenco
- 20 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 23 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 24 Airport Transfer
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
Possible to change economy ticket on trenitalia to new destination?