Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Possible Three Day Itinerary From Venice to Vienna
Notices

Possible Three Day Itinerary From Venice to Vienna

Jan 31st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Possible Three Day Itinerary From Venice to Vienna

I have three unplanned days to get between Venice and Vienna where I will fly home from. Any suggestions? Spend the time only in Vienna? Take a slow train through the alps? See specific sites on the way such as Salzburg? Depending on your suggestions I also would welcome inexpensive lodgings. I am travelling alone (adult male) and tend to be an explorer. I will be travelling the week before Easter leaving Venice (or not) Mar 24 with a flight from Vienna Wednesday AM (Mar 27). I have looked for ideas on a slow trip through the alps but the rail schedules don't show that information at least that far in advance. Thanks for your advice!
Jan 31st, 2013, 02:00 PM

KD - you could go to Udine for a night [i've not been there but one of the other students in my italian class has a daughter living there and he loves it] and then on to Graz, before getting to Vienna.

they re not places visited by the majority of foreign tourists so shouldn't be too busy or expensive even at Easter, but i would book accommodation in advance at this time of the year.

Search this Thread