Notices

Possible feedback

Apr 19th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Possible feedback

Hi all!
Going to Spain next June 2016. Starting to plan a bit. Our kids will be 7,5.5 and 2.8 at travel. I studied abroad in Barcelona in college and have been to Spain after as I love the country and speak a fair amount of Spanish. We waited until our oldest 2 were a bit easier to travel with. So here is our tentative agenda 1 and 2 would really love to see Valencia but don't want to push too hard want to enjoy the time too. ? We are interested in buying an affordable house there someday possibly. We also love Italy and I really wanted to take my kids there but want to simplify and will go back hopefully in near future. We have 18 nights total including flight night over from us to Spain. So really it's 17 nights.

Agenda plan A
This is order of trip and we plan a 3 legged airplane ticket

Madrid- 5 nights -daytrips- Segovia and Toledo- possibly Avila if it doesn't feel rushed
San Sebastián-4 nights, Bilbao day trip, maybe French day trip
Valencia-3 nights
Barcelona- 5 nights

We would rent a car when we leave Madrid and keep until Barcelona. We don't want cars in big cities. Perhaps not in Valencia too..?

Agenda b

Madrid- 6 nights( day trips like in plan a)
San Sebastián- 5 nights (day trips like in plan a)
Maybe 1 night Burgos or Rioja since Enroute from Madrid to San sebastian
Barcelona- 6 nights

Thoughts?
Apr 19th, 2015, 10:19 PM
kja

Either could be wonderful! I personally like B a bit better, but what I like doesn't really matter -- It depends on what YOU want to see and experience and your preferred pace of travel. I recommend that you get some good guidebooks (or spend some time with a few in your local library), identify the things you most want to see in each location, note their opening/closing times, and mark them on a calendar. Then pencil in your transportation, add some time on either side (for getting to/from your lodging, checking in/out, packing/unpacking, getting oriented, etc.).
Apr 20th, 2015, 04:05 AM

Both sounds like very good plans. Would give you opportunities to see many aspects of varied and beautiful Spain, and you might very well find the place where your future house is...
Apr 20th, 2015, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all!!

Search this Thread