I know i have a few posts open about were to go in Italy when i fly there in Sept for 5 nights, however i keep changing my mind when i see other peoples reviews:
the plan i decided on a couple of days ago was:
fly to naples airport Sunday 30th Sept then take a ferry/hydrofoil to Ischia and stay there for 2 nights after then then go to Sorrento and stay there for 3 nights as then i can easily visit Pompeii and take another day trip if i seen one aswell as seeing Sorrento.
I am know wondering whether to stay the 2 nights in Ischia or whether to stay in Positano or Capri instead? i want to definately stay in Sorrento for 3 nights so im just undecided on were to spend my first 2 nights.
My husband and i, love walking around and seeing the sights of little villages/towns and eating at nice restaurants (not to expensive). I dont mind touristy places however he prefers places a bit less touristy so im not sure where to go as i understand Ishcia is not as touristy as Capri but ive heard Capri is amazing! Also i would like to go Positano but is it really expensive? and how would i get there from Naples airport?
can anyone advise?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 6 Champagne Tours
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 10 Days in Austria
- 10 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 11 Le Marche Research Help
- 12 Help with Venice Trip?
- 13 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 18 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 19 Greece in end October
- 20 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 24 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 25 Favorite London memories