As I research our October trip to Italy, I was hoping to get some info on a few questions. My wife and I land in Naples then proceed directly to Positano (stay few days) then to Sorrento (stay few days) then back to Naples (stay few days, fly out).
1 - Any need to pre-book ferry online now for a Tues mid-Oct trip to Sorrento from Positano? I see only 2 ferries listed and we'd want a specific time. I thought a ferry ride would be more interesting than the bus trip, true?
2 - For day trips to Amalfi (from Positano) and Capri (from Sorrento), any need to pre-book online now ferries in mid/late October, or should it be easy enough to buy the day before/day of?
3 - Same for trains to Naples and day trip to Pompeii, any need to book now?
Traditionally I prefer to plan ahead and book before we arrive in country but usually we travel in Sept, which I imagine is quite a bit busier. Thank you for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Where to stay in Naples?
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Browsing Barcelona
- 8 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Croatia in mid/late October
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona