Search

Positano in November?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2015, 10:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Positano in November?

Hi,

I am planning to go to Positano during the first week of November for my honeymoon. Will it be too quiet/boring in Positano and other Amalfi towns during that time of the year? Or will it good kind of quiet?
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 03:13 AM

It might be raining too much. Usually the last week of October and the first weeks of November are among the very rainiest in Italy, where torrential downpours are not uncommon. You can luck out with dry, sunny days, but you have to ask yourself how will you feel if you get 3 or 4 days of significant rain in a row.

I think your other question is impossible for someone else to answer for you. The towns will be quieter and some restaurants and hotels will be closing. Whether you will find these places boring even if sunny for your honeymoon really depends on your personality and how much more you need to keep you entertained other than hiking and view-gazing.
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 03:59 AM

This is off season and an umber of hotels and restaurants will be closed for the season. Also ferry service is either very rare or stopped completely until spring - meaning you are stuck with the bus on the coast road for transit.

The weather is likely to be chilly - ad may be rainy - and walking on the pebble or rocky beaches may not be much fun.

This is really a summer resort and I would find it boring as all hell. Have you looked at the options to see what you want to do/see? Pompeii? Capri (may not be reachable if seas are rough and Blue Grotto is unlikely).

You may get sunny weather - just not sure what there is to do. Have you looked at the average temperatures?
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 10:33 AM
ira

Hey sp,

You will be very near if not after the end of the season.

It is very likely to be gray, chilly and rainy.

You might wish to consider Paris, instead.

I love Paris in the Winter,/
When it drizzles.
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:18 PM
DRJ

Positano. Any time? yes.
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 07:11 PM
WWK

I agree with everything said above. How about a wonderful hotel in Rome or Florence or Paris? If the weather is miserable, it won't matter as much if you're staying in a major city.
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 08:14 AM

Positano in early November it's fab usually the weather is nice plus the cost will be 30-35% cheaper then high season
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 09:12 AM

Were you hoping for beach weather for your honeymoon, or do you mind jacket and umbrella weather? If sandy beaches and sandals, sitting outside in the evening for dinner, then choose another place.
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 09:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
well it all depends what you want to do on a honeymoon, doesn't it?

seriously, if staying in your room all day sheltering from the elements is not your idea of how you would like to spend it, then Positano may not be the best choice. You might have good weather but it might also be awful. Better to choose somewhere where sunshine could be an advantage, but there will still be plenty to do if it rains all week.

The Amalfi and the CT do not fall into that category. Rome, Florence, even Sorrento and Venice, do. [yes, i know, I'm pushing Venice again. I had forgotten just how gorgeous and fascinating it is. I'll get over it, probably].