Positano Hotel Location and Suggestion?

Old May 9th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Positano Hotel Location and Suggestion?

Hello board-

I'm returning to Positano this year in July for 3 years. Wife and I stayed at the Eden Roc 4 years ago. We liked it but thought it was a little too high and a little too loud, but rooms were just fine. We are considering a few options this year and would love any help with them or other suggestions in Positano.

I read good things about the Miramare, but is it as high or higher than Eden Roc (which is on the main road into and out of town)? Or is it lower but with stairs that are hard to climb?

What about L'Ancora? I believe it's next to the Sirenuse, still high but not as high as Eden Roc. A good choice? I've read reviews on other boards that the rooms aren't sound-proofed and you can hear other guests often. True?

Palazzo Murat has rooms in the new wing but only with garden view. We had dinner there in the courtyard and really enjoyed it, but I'd like to have a nice ocean view from the room. Also there's no pool. But I love the location.

There are 2 couples and no children in our group. It seems likely we'll spend around 275 euros for something fairly nice. We can go higher but we don't want to spend 500 USD if possible. We prefer a nice view with a small balcony. Pool is an added bonus but not mandatory. Basically, we don't want to be climbing all the way to the main road after dinner and wine.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:58 PM

we stayed at L'Ancora two summers ago, it is right next to Sirenuse. The hotel has a great location, it is close to everything. The room we had was large, had a good balcony right on the water. I think all their rooms face the water. The room did not have much of furniture in it, very small TV. The only negative point was the breakfast. It was terrible, week old danish, etc. There are a couple of great restaurants which serve great coffee and danish just five minutes from the hotel. There is also a great supermarket a few minutes from the hotel.
Old May 10th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

(Obviously my post should say we're returning for 3 nights, not years.)

thanks celeste. I've read bad things about the breakfast other places too.

Old May 10th, 2005, 05:16 AM
J30

I suggest you the Hotel Buca di Bacco, down the beach www.BucaDiBacco.it
Old May 10th, 2005, 06:49 AM

We stayed at Buca di Baco two years ago and consider it to be a favorite. We read aboutitin Karen Browns guide and requested room #10. We had a very large balcony and a fabulous view. It wins hands down over the Sireneuse and for a fraction of the price.
If you want a great spot for lunch go to O'Guaracino. Have a great trip.