Positano Dining & Rome Flea Markets

Aug 27th, 2003, 01:05 AM
Original Poster

Positano Dining & Rome Flea Markets

I will be leaving in 2 days and need some last minute suggestions. Dining in Positano any good recommendations? How about flea market shopping in Rome any suggestions there? I have 2 guided tours one with Through Eternity and one with Scale Reale. I will report on both upon my return. Any other last minute advice is also appreciated. Thanks everyone for helping me plan my vacation. Aloha
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:06 AM
ira

Hi sunnie

If you do a text search for "positano and restaurant" you will get lots of suggestions.
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:38 AM

Dine at Buca Di Bacco in Positano. The food was delicious. My husband and I were just there last week. It should be pretty easy to find - its just steps away from the beach. If you have the time while you are in Positano, I would suggest taking a day trip out to Capri. It was so well worth it. We even got to swim through the Green Grotto. (We never had a chance to canoe through the blue grotto - the wait was a bit too long.)

I can't really tell you about flea markets in Rome, as we were there during the middle part of August and everything was closed.

I love Italy and hope you have a fantastic time!
Aug 27th, 2003, 04:35 AM

My husband and I were in Positano in June and loved La Cambusa. The food was great and reasonably priced. Luciano was our waiter the first night and treated us like royalty. Based on that experience, we went back several times during our stay. Luciano would welcome us by name, bring flowers to the table, and fix special dishes for us. The house wine is very good and inexpensive. Over the course of our stay, we tried a number of other restaurants (and there are a lot to choose among) in town but this was our favorite! Order the spinich ravioli . . . delicious! ciao . . .
Aug 27th, 2003, 05:07 AM

Try IL RITROVO and DONNA ROSA in Montepertuso, a mountain village 15 min. by car from Positano. IL RITROVO used to pick up guests at their hotels in Positano and bring them back. Don't know if they still do that, but I'm sure your hotel can check it out. Anyway, unbelievable food and views at both places.

Also, lunch at the Hotel Poseidon, whose terrace affords an amazing view of town. The food is really great!
Aug 27th, 2003, 05:11 AM
DRJ

The huge Porta Portese (sp?) market is held every Sunday. As I recall its on the west side of the Tiber. Don't go if you are claustrophobic.
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I will report upon my return.

Search this Thread