positano and asthma

Nov 11th, 1997, 10:31 AM
susan gershman

positano and asthma

I want to stay in Positano when I go in May to Italy but I have asthma and I don't know if I will be able to go up and down all the steps. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks

Dec 12th, 1997, 08:26 AM
Murphy

The steps in Positano are many, and when we were there last May it was the hottest, most humid city we visited (Weather was a little cool, most times, so we like the sun and heat). You might consider staying in Sorrento and taking a day trip to Positano. Sorrento is more open, has good sea breezes, and I would recommend the Hotel Minerva, which is lovely and inexpensive, but is a very short walk away from the city centre (5 minutes) - up in the cliffs. Others in town might be better for you. We took the bus to Positano (45 min. away) and got off at the first stop, which you definitely should not do! We didn't know there was another stop, but there is, and it's down in the town somewhere. We walked down hundreds of stairs. Never did see the other bus stop (on a square we never saw), so we had to walk back up the highway hoping a bus would come along. 3 hours later it did, but that's another story. Maybe if you take it slow and bring many inhalers you'll be fine.

Search this Thread