We have 3 full days (4 nights) in Porto this summer that I can use some help with. My family loves to hike and we love natural beauty.
• Is it feasible to see the Rio Douro Valley in a day trip from Porto?
• If I take a train or boat up the Rio Douro Valley, are there places to get off that I should not miss? I am not sure what I should do beside take in the beauty.
• Is it feasible to hike in the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres as a day trip in Porto?
That leaves me one full day to see Porto.
• Will I need a car up there or can I skip it and take public transportation?
• Do many people stay in the Rio Douro Valley and/or near or in the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres? Or does it make sense to use Porto as a “base camp” for these two day trips?
• Maybe there are places I can stay near the Parque Nacional da Peneda-Geres. Any suggestions on this?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 2 Budget trip
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Driving
- 7 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 8 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 9 Algarve Town Selection
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 paris to london- day trip
- 12 Browsing Barcelona
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Portugal
- 22 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017