I'm planning on visiting Portugal next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she's a fun loving and young at heart 51. We'll be flying to Portugal from Scandinavia, where we are starting our trip. Right now, our tentative plan is:
- Wednesday Night, Arrive in Porto in the PM.
- Thursday - Day in Porto. See the City and visit the Port Lodges by the river.
- Friday - Wine Tour in the Douro Valley.
- Saturday - Morning Train to Lisbon.
- Sunday - Visit Sintra.
- Monday - Visit Lisbon
We love fashion, shopping, architecture, good food and drink. Any suggestions on the above are welcome! Also, I'd appreciate any insights on the following:
1. Are we allocating enough time to Porto?
2. What are the options for doing a Douro Valley wine tour? We are thinking we will get a driver through our hotel, but I'm curious to know what ideas are out there.
3. Do you need a full day for Sintra?
4. Is it better to visit Sintra on a Sunday or Monday? Just not sure when stores are closed in Lisbon . . .
Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 2 Le Marche Research Help
- 3 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 4 GTG Paris December 2017
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 8 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Favorite London memories
- 11 10 Days in Austria
- 12 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 13 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 14 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 15 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 18 Norte Dame light show!
- 19 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 20 Avignon
- 21 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 22 8 months around Europe
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 25 Ronda or Jerez