I'm accompanying my husband on a business trip that is taking place in Cascais in early November. We'll be in Cascais for two days before the meeting. Once the meeting is over (another 2 days), I think I'll be ready to see other things. We'll have 5 full days to travel, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to visit both the Algarve (Faro or Lagos) AND Lisbon, or whether we'll be spreading ourselves too thin. I've heard rave reviews in regards to Lisbon and am eager to spend some time there, but my husband is not a big city boy and so I was thinking that heading south for a few days might be good for him (we enjoy moderate hiking). I also thought the temperature might be a few degrees warmer (which is why I'm choosing not to head north to Porto and the Douro valley). If it is feasible to do both, should I head south first and then return to Lisbon (closer to the airport)? We are planning to travel by train. Oh and I should mention that there will be an organized trip to Sintra during the meeting, so I won't need to detour there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid