Portugal for three days?

Old Jun 9th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portugal for three days?

We are considering a short sidetrip from Seville to Portugal. We will be driving and have confirmed that our insurance is good for Portugal. Our preference would be a small, quiet seaside village. Can you reccommend any villages or towns? Any accomodations? Thanks.
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM

DeeW, my wife and I did this two years ago and stayed in Travia, Portugal. Its just across the border and a great little town with beach and river. Enough restaurants and things to do but not a real tourist spot. Good luck
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM

Definitely doable. My DH and I drove to Lagos from Seville for 3 nights on our honeymoon. It took about 3-4 hours for the drive, but Lagos is pretty far west in the Algarve.

It was fairly touristy, but not out of control. Lagos has great beaches in town and in the vicinity. We stayed at the Vilabranca Apartments - highly recommended. Super clean, excellent service, grocery stores nearby, view of ocean from certain rooms, pools in the complex. It was a really relaxing stay and we wish we had stayed longer!
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM

If you don't want to go too far, Monte Gordo has a large beach and the water is quite warm. You can stay right in Monte Gordo or inthe cute town of Vila Real de Sto. Antonio, a 5 min drive away. This area is right across the border from Spain, Ayamonte being the last Spoanish town over.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for your replies. We may just end up "winging" this part of the trip and I will print your suggestions to take along, to guide us as we go!