Hi Fine Fodorians,
I'm really stumped, and have difficulty making decisions so hoping this group can help.
I have about 5 days (4.5 days/4 nights) to explore the coast of Portugal. I will spend 5 days first in Lisbon, with a day trip to Sintra. I will then spend 1 night in Evora exploring a little on day 1 and a little on day 2. Then it's off to the coast.
Likes - hiking, being high up (coastal walks, going to top of things), swimming, surfing, culture, food, and seeing interesting architecture. This phase of trip should lead some relaxation I hope.
I'm struggling between these options:
- OPTION 1
-- Nazare - spend 2 nights (really only 1 full day) - I would love to swim in water a little bit, hike up the hill. Also would love a side trip to Batahla.
-- drive 2 hours south to Sesimbra
-- Sesimbra - spend 2 nights (really only 1 full day) - I would like to do the coastal walk a little south high on the cliffs, maybe swim for an hour, enjoy the town a bit, and hike up to the castle.
-- OPTION 2
-- Just spend 4 nights in one place, if I do, which one?
Towns on my radar are - Nazare, Sesimbra, and Ericeira.
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Sound like a dumb idea to break this up into 2 nights at 2 places?
Which is better, Ericiera or Nazare?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 4 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 13 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 14 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 15 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Current plan for March trip
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Spain in 2018
- 21 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga
Hi Fine Fodorians,