Been trying to figure out a good itinery to Spain and Portugal but still need some advice. This will be my first time to Spain and Portugal, and I am planning to go for 2 weeks. I want to mainly focus on wine and good food. Been doing research from bookstore and online, and I know that Porto and Santiago de Compostela (Portugal) and Rioja (Spain) are good wine region. Is that correct? And if yes, how should I lay my itinery. Also I would like to visit Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo, and Lisbon.
Should I fly to Barcelona --> Madrid --> Lisbon --> home? Or should I fly to Madrid instead of Barcelona? Should I take train within Spain and internal flight to Portugal? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 3 Poland--where else to go
- 4 5 days in Andalusia
- 5 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 6 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 7 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 Shall we Gdansk?
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Help with Spain itinerary
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 15 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 16 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 19 South of France
- 20 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19