Portoghesi hotel in Rome

Old Apr 4th, 2000, 04:43 PM
Jenn

Portoghesi hotel in Rome

I'm searching for a hotel in or near Old Rome or the Spanish Steps. Utilizing Hotels.com and Fodor's, I've got a room being held at Portoghesi. Is it a nice hotel? I'm not looking for elegance, just nice, clean, roomy (we'll have big suitcases) and in relatively good distance from the sites. Any advice or other suggestions? We're looking to spend $150-$200/night.

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 11:17 AM
Kathy L.

I'm also interested to know if this is a good place to stay....the location is just where we want to be, but I'd like some reassurance first!

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Ed

I find Fodor's hotel recommendations right on the money. In addition to this forum they have excellent info about hotels and more. Just click on the "Fodor's" in the blue circle at the top of the forums page.

Their review of the Portoghesi is found at http://www.fodors.com/search/431d894...96bf3c994.html

Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria
www.twenj.com

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 10:22 AM
Carol

Do a search on this site for Hotel Portoghesi. It's gotten great reviews from Fodorites who've stayed there.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 10:56 AM
Paul C

The Portoghesi is just off the Piazza Navona - Old Rome but a ways from the Spanish Steps. Very clean, quiet, congenial staff, steps away from very good restaurants, but the rooms are a bit on the small side.