Notices

Porto Ercole and what else?

Apr 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Porto Ercole and what else?

I am planning a trip for a 4oth anniversary end of June first week in July. Approximately from June 29th (arrival date) to July 7th departure date, 7 nights. I have been to Italy ( Rome, Florence, Venice, Lake Como, Milan, Perugia and one more town in tuscany.) That being said I would go back to Florence or Venice in a heartbeat ( actualy all of it!). My question is this:
Should we fly into Rome and spend most of our time in the Monte Argentario area or
Star in Venice, train down to Sienna and than on to Porto Ercole?
I am not sure if we spend the whole time in Porto Ercole which sounds fabulous if it is enough just visiting the small nearby towns and sites. I want to stay at Il Pelicano. I know it is over the top but this is special!
If anybody has any suggestions, recommendations it all would be appreciated.
Apr 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM

I would get bored in 3 days at Il Pelicano. Very nice but not that much to see or do.
I would add 3 nights in south Tuscany near Montalcino--perhaps this place: http://www.castellodivelonavini.it/eng/azienda.php
Apr 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Very interesting bobthenavigator. Some people said that would never leave il Pelicano
Maybe fly into rome and go directly to Il Pelicano for 3 nights than on to Florence for a couple of nights and than train to Venice and home? This would break up the time. I am just not sure how I would get from Argentario to Florence?

Search this Thread