Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Poland vacation: Warsaw/Wroclaw/Krakow and...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband & I are planning our vacation to Poland in late June/July '06. I still speak Polish (having left the country as a young child.) Our tentative itinerary is flying into WAW & spending about 3 days there....continuing to Wroclaw for about 3 days again....then onto Krakow. We plan to travel by train & have decided against car rental at the moment. Any suggestions on hotels in any of the above (mid range with bath?}Actually, any suggestions/comments would be welcome. Staying outside of the Cities is open for consideration. We have also decided to omit Prague & go to Vienna & Salzburg after Poland. Thanks for any input.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 05:22 PM

Krysia,
My favorite hotel in Krakow is Hotel Maltanski if you can splurge a little, or Hotel Saski - both right in the Old Town. For Warsaw, check Old Town Apartments, they have reasonable rates and high standard, Wroclaw, I cannot help you with but I saw a post here recently that recommended a hotel in Wroclaw. Szerokiej drogi!
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Dziekuje !

We will definitely consider this & appreciate your replying. I have an uncle in Wroclaw whom I have never seen, so a lot of tissues will be needed.

Krysia
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Syl

I highly recommend the Globtrotter Pension. Please check Trip Advisor for great reviews. It's extremely reasonable in price, very close to the main square & excellent hospitality by the staff who will go out of their way to make you comfortable. Room spacious & clean. Overlooks lovely treed garden. We were there this past October. Enjoy the Salt Mine, the warm ambiance of the people & do not forget to visit Auschwitz & Birkenau.Memorable trip.
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Syl

As for Vienna, we stayed at Pension Schweitzer within Ringstrasse. As it was recommended by The Lonely Planet guidebook, we were very satisfied by staying there at a cost of 80 euro including breakfast & private bathroom. Spotlessly clean.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the very helpful information!

I have not used this site before, but honestly it is better than any travel agent because it relates to experiences that we, the average traveler has had - good or bad. Thanks again & please relay any other assist you can think of. I'm wide open to suggestions. After my return, I want to return the favor with my helpful suggestions this time.

Krysia