After lots of back and forth, we have decided to focus on Poland and Ukraine for 11 days followed by an annual side trip to Greece. I was born in Odessa, Ukraine but have not been since 2004 and have never been to Kiev or anywhere in Poland. My gut and research says that Krakow will be the highlight plus visiting my old city of Odessa is a must. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
July 1-4 - Exploring Krakow with a side trip to the Salt Mines and to Auschwitz
July 5 - morning train to Warsaw and explore the city for 1 day
July 6 - 11am flight to Odessa, arriving 2pm. Beach/relax
July 7-9 - Explore Odessa plus enjoy some down time on the beach
Overnight train to Kiev. Safe? Can we buy all 4 seats to have a private compartment?
July 10-11 - Explore Kiev
July 12 - 1pm flight to Athens, Greece.
Too jam-packed? I am working with only doing non-stop flights (Warsaw-Odessa and Kiev-Athens).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 3 Le Marche Research Help
- 4 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 8 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Favorite London memories
- 11 10 Days in Austria
- 12 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 13 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 14 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 15 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 18 Norte Dame light show!
- 19 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 20 Avignon
- 21 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 22 8 months around Europe
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 25 Ronda or Jerez