Notices

POLAND AND C REPUBLIC

Jul 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Original Poster

POLAND AND C REPUBLIC

We will be traveling to Poland (1 week) and CR (1 week). Warsaw 2nights,Krakow 5 nights Telc (1 or 2 nights)C Krumlov(1 or 2 nights) and Prague 4nights. Any suggestions (hotels, traveling from one point to another, tours to take in each city etc) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Jul 19th, 2011, 06:59 AM

Hi arlene4,
You can click on my name & read my trip report from August 2009. I describe in detail the sightseeing we did in Prague, Cesky Krumlov, and Telc. I give names of hotels we stayed in and restaurants we ate at.

In 2003 we also traveled to Prague & Krakow but I don't have a trip report for that trip unfortunately. I can recommend the Hotel Saski, where we stayed in Krakow. The price was very reasonaable & included a full breakfast. We don't usually do tours, but we did take a tour to Aushwitz, which we felt was very helpful. We took a bus ourselves to the salt mines in Wielicka, but once there you have to take a guided tour. We enjoyed the Wawel Cathedral & castle, St. Mary's church, the main square, the cloth hall, Kazimierz. For this trip, we took a day train from Prague to Krakow, & returned to Krakow via the night train.

For our 2009 trip, once we left Prague, we rented a car to drive to our other destinations. The driving was fun & easy & scenic.
Jul 19th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your response. we may reconsider renting a car.
Jul 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM

Fo rhotel info you really need to provide a budget - an actual amount - not just moderate or ususal.

Search this Thread