Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Point Ephémère in Paris - directions/dinner

Point Ephémère in Paris - directions/dinner

Feb 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Point Ephémère in Paris - directions/dinner

I'll be in Paris for a week-ish in March and one of my favorite bands (The Civil Wars) are playing at Point Ephémère on my last night. The venue is on Quai de Valmy, near Gare du Nord and between the Jaurès and Louis Blanc metro stops. We're staying at the Grand Hotel Saint Michel on rue Cajas in the 5th. First of all, I'm assuming that we'll have no safety issues around the venue, as long as we've got some common sense? Second, would the best way to get to/from our hotel be to take the M4 line from Odéon, changing to the M7 at Gare de l'Est?

Last, any recommendations for dinner around that area? Our budget would probably be €30 or less per person. The show starts at 8pm so I know dinner would either be early by Parisian standards, or we'd have to wait till after! I need to be at CDG by around 8am the next day, so we don't want to be out terribly late.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Topping in case anyone is familiar with the area.
Feb 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM

I don't hang out in that area so can't recommend any place to it, but no regular restaurant will be open then, anyway, so you'll have to just find some cafe nearby. I'd just go a bit early and look around the area for something nearby.

That route is fine. The line 7 at Gare de l'Est doesn't go to metro Jaures (which that venue is a little closer to), it only goes to metro stop Louis Blanc. You can get out there, doesn't really matter too much, but you could also transfer to line 5 at gare de l'Est and go to Jaures stop instead. I wouldn't go to Odeon myself, I'd go to St Michel to get on the metro, as it is closer, but if you want to go there, that's fine. YOu could also just get on the RER near your hotel at Luxembourg, and transfer to line 5 at Gare du Nord. I might do that if it were me, instead of walking all the way to Odeon or St Michel.
Feb 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Christina! That's really helpful. I figured we'd be eating somewhere pretty casual. Not sure what I was thinking looking at the metro lines - the RER does make more sense.

(I also just noticed my typo on the hotel's street - it's rue Cujas, not Cajas!)

Search this Thread