Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please rate these Paris hotels #1, 2 & 3 the St. Jacques, Grandes Ecoles & Familia

Search

Please rate these Paris hotels #1, 2 & 3 the St. Jacques, Grandes Ecoles & Familia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 04:20 PM
Joyce

Paris ....Latin Quarter....It's down to one of these three. (please don't offer another hotel suggestion)I can't decide. My head is spinning. Please help me choose!!!!!

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 04:57 AM
elaine

Joyce <BR>I hope you can find someone who has stayed at all 3 of these hotels and can rank order them for you. The comments on them at www.paris.org are all positive as you may already know. <BR>The Grandes Ecoles has no tv, but the decor and the garden and the terrace sound very special. (are you going in a nice-weather season?) It is said to be an uphill walk from the metro stop. <BR>The Familia's rooms sound uniformly small, but some of them have balconies and even views, and there are tvs. <BR>There is less information readily available on the St Jacques, so perhaps on that basis alone, I would choose one of the other two which are praised so often on this forum. I don't think either could be a mistake. Personally I would probably choose the Grandes Ecoles because I can't resist the charming descriptions, but that's just me. <BR>They all accept different combinations of credit cards, if that makes a difference.

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 05:31 AM
totop

to the top

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 09:01 PM
John

I ahve stayed at the Familia and the St jacques. They are on the same street. The rooms were a little nicer at the St Jacques and both were very helpful. The street noise at the St Jacques is a little heavier. I would choose the St Jacques but was happy at both.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 07:04 AM
HEATHER

I stayed at Familia last December and i found the rooms to be very small and too old for my liking so i checkout and into the hotel next door "Minerve". The rooms are clean and the ones facing Rue Ecoles with blaconies are much better than the ones in back.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 08:14 AM
Lori

I've stayed at the Familia 3 time in the past 2 years and was always very happy there. Yes, the rooms are small, but I found the bathrooms to be modern with great water pressure in the wall mounted shower (important to me!), and you're not in the room much anyway. I found Heather's comments interesting about the rooms being old - as the whole hotel has been renovated in the past several years. Also, the Minerve next door is owned by Eric Gaucheron, who also owns the Familia. He has told me that he has completely renovated the Minerve within the past year as well.