My husband and I are native New Yorkers in our mid-sixties, still working. We would like to travel to Spain for about 12 or 13 nights. I visited Madrid on a European trip many years ago. I would only like to return to Madrid to see The Prado again and perhaps go to Toledo. My husband may want to still see something of Madrid. I want to focus on wonderful, atmospheric smaller cities/towns for art, food, wandering on charming streets and squares. I think Audulucia fits the bill. We will not be renting a car. My questions are: should I start in Madrid briefly?; would it help to go on some organized tours and/or use a private guide to get oriented and see things we couldn't do without a car?; how should we travel between cities and towns? I am concerned about moving around too much with luggage. Also, we want to end the trip with being somewhere in Andulusia that could be relaxing, not overwhelming but still interesting. Is it worth going to any seaside town, including Malaga? What difference does it make if we go in September vs. October?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Much thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1:855 :843:8475 Insta!!ations Err0r Tec*h AOL CONTACT 24by7
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 ICELAND in February
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 10 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 11 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 12 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 10 days in Portugal
- 16 My France Vacation
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 22 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 23 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 24 Driving
- 25 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
Please help with trip planning to Spain next September/October