We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 홍보 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 :Kor7m
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Trans Siberian Train
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Scotland ideas
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 London vacation rental agency
- 18 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 19 South of France
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 22 My France Vacation
- 23 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.