We are traveling to Scotland and England in September. We want to pick up a car at the Edinburgh Airport and drop it in York, where we will grab a train into London. I have read multiple posts about car rental in the UK and I am hoping for some advise to clear things up. I went to my bank and opened a new Visa card with a chip and pin so I can book the car with that card. If I use this card through the entire rental process, and decline the rental CDW, my card will cover any damage up to the value of the car and/or theft, loss of use and towing. I have read that I should book through Kemwel because they will advocate for me in the event there is an issue. Currently Kemwel has a "daily deal" on a Europcar for my dates. Looking at Europcar directly, the two prices are virtually the same. Should I book through Kemwel, or is Europcar reputable (I have read mixed reviews)? Alternately, I could book a Hertz car through Kemwel for about 50 USD more. Would this be a better option? We do use Hertz in the US and are gold members. (Price is much better through Kemwel, so I would not book Hertz directly.) Also, should I rely on my VISA insurance or buy it through the car rental company? I could save over 200.00 USD with my VISA insurance, which is more money to spend enjoying time in Scotland.
Please help, based on the mixed reviews I have read, it is seeming as if the car rental is the hardest part of the trip to plan!
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 2 YAHOO @ Password Reset Contact 1~888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care 24/7
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 beware of robbed in Milan
- 8 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 9 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 First time in Spain
- 12 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 13 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 14 Once upon a time in Italy
- 15 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 16 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome