We may be renting a car to drive from Munich to Salzburg. Question- can someone suggest a scenic route? Driving to chiemsee lake and seeing herrenchiemsee castle sounds nice. Would the drive and castle and walk around lake with ultimate destination in Salzburg in one day be doable?
If we end up taking train from Munich to Salzburg (Bayern ticket) would this be an easy trip to take via train or bus? How?
We are also thinking to rent a car for a day from Salzburg to go to Hallstatt. Would this be doable without a car?
Last question limderhoff castle- worth trying to do from Munich without a car? Looks like we will skip it (did the neuschwanstein and the one next to it and hubby thought that was a long day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 2 Visit to France
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Packing Champagne
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Milan airport--which one
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 two days in Nice
- 19 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 20 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 New fast track
- 25 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips