Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Please help me find an agency that lists this Paris apartment (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/please-help-me-find-an-agency-that-lists-this-paris-apartment-556499/)

ILUVPARIS Sep 5th, 2005 05:09 PM

Please help me find an agency that lists this Paris apartment

I know this is a longshot but,I'm trying to locate a rental agency other than TIMEANDPLACE.COM that represents this apartment below.

http://www.timeandplace.com/location...ain1/index.php

My hope is that somone may have seen this apartment on another rental agency website. I've GOOGLED what feels like a million different scenarios but have had no luck.

Several years ago I rented an apartment from T&P called One Bedroom with Terrace and we had just an awful experience using this agency. The rental was for 4 nights and their rep had to come out 3 of the 4 days we were there because of various problems with the apartment! Their rep was located 1 hour outside of Paris so that made it even more inconvenient. It was my first apartment rental so I never considered having problems. The first day we arrived the lock to the door entering the apartment building broke(I was outside getting coffee while my friend was inside getting ready). It literally took the entire day to get the rep to the building and for him to locate a locksmith. No one could get in or outside of the buiilding--and thank God there wasn't a fire! I realize this was a fluke but there goes a precious day of vacation. I won't go into all the other problems with the apartment because I just don't want to relive it.

Since then I've learned that T&P are one of the most expensive agencies to rent from. They are literally twice the price of other agencies! They used to post their prices on their website but they no longer do. Their apartments are truly beautiful but I've managed to find most of their listed apartments on other rental websites for substantially less. Unfortunately this particular apartment (which is of course the one I really want) doesn't seem to be listed anywhere other than PARISPRIMERENTALS and I haven't had luck with them returning my availability & price inquiry which is not a good sign.

So, if anyone has seen it, please let me know.

Many many thanks!!!

Patrick Sep 5th, 2005 05:21 PM

I've looked at an awful lot of apartments on the web in the 6th, but this one doesn't look familiar. I dislike agencies that show an apartment but won't even tell you the price -- seems like a bad sign.

I'm guessing they want at least 500 euro per night for this one since you say they charge double. I can't imagine getting this place for less than about 250 per night (1750 to 2000 euro per week) from any other agency by comparison with I'm familiar with, and even then it might be a steal.

Good luck, it looks like a nice apartment -- and a spectacular bathroom.

ILUVPARIS Sep 5th, 2005 05:47 PM

Thanks Patrick! Actually, I was hoping you'd respond because I read another thread where you said you were very familiar with hundreds of apartments. Oh well! Thanks for responding.

To put this into perspective, T&P's apartment, "Rue de Grenelle"..they want over $700 per night! I didn't even bother to ask about St Germain apartment because they told me Rue du Grenelle was their least expensive. It's either $725 or $750 a night but I can't remember the exact figure--I just knew it was waaay out of the question!

Tt's an adorable apartment but it's 550SF! JustFrance lists the same apartment for $2550 per week.

Now I just use the T&P website to find nice apartments and then scope out other websites that list the same for substantially less. But, to T&P's credit, they have some of the best photographers and that makes such a difference!

Christina Sep 5th, 2005 06:14 PM

It's on www.luxuryretreats.com for US$880 a night, although they could be a broker using timeandplace, some companies do that. In any case, I would probably forget about it if $700 and up is out of your price range. Some apartments are on lots of agency websites, but some owners do deal with only one in particular. Given your experience, why deal with them again, anyway.

Patrick Sep 5th, 2005 06:59 PM

Christina, did you mean you found the St. Germain apt. ILUVPARIS mentioned in her post on luxury retreats? Or did you mean you found the "one bedroom with terrace one she rented before? I'm familiar with that site and had looked but didn't find that St. Germain one in the link she provided.

Patrick Sep 5th, 2005 07:01 PM

Duh. Must be time for bed. I just looked again and did find it. First time I clicked on one picture only and it didn't look like the same apartment, since I hit a dining room shot that didn't appear at all on the time and place site.

ILUVPARIS Sep 6th, 2005 08:53 AM

I forgot about LuxuryRetreats. Thanks for remminding me Christina.

I finally received an email back from ParisPrimeRentals after emailing them 3 times about this apartment. Apparently the owner is away until Septmeber 13.

I don't have a very good first impression of this company. I've emailed them in the past and have had similiar experiences even when the owner hasn't been away! I'd be curious to know, has anyone here has rented from them before? I didn't see anything on SlowTrav. The apartment is listed on their website for $280-$450 per day which is substantially less than T&P or Luxury Retreats. If you've had an experience, I'd love to hear about it!

Thank you!!