My husband and his father are going to London this Fall (2nd time for my husband, 1st time in Europe for my father in law).
We are down to three possibilities. Which one would you recommend? We are having trouble deciding since we do not know the area of Shad Thames (Bermondsey) or Whitechapel.
The important factors are closeness to Tube (they all are, but is one spot more convenient than the other?) and variety of pubs and restaurants (low key) near apartment, and good general neighbourhood vibe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 2 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 3 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 4 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 5 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 6 My France Vacation
- 7 London vacation rental agency
- 8 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 9 Greece during Easter week or August
- 10 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 11 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 12 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 13 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 14 2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
- 15 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 16 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 17 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 20 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 21 Iceland driving in March
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Northern Spain road trip
- 24 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 Help with Spain itinerary