Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Please help me choose - Holiday Inn Kensington or Jurys Kensington?

Please help me choose - Holiday Inn Kensington or Jurys Kensington?

Jan 30th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

Please help me choose - Holiday Inn Kensington or Jurys Kensington?

Hello,

I am trying to plan my family's trip this summer and found good rates on both of these hotels. Has anyone stayed in both and have a preference? It seems the advantages are the HI is across the street from the underground and the rooms may be larger, but the Jurys is slightly less expensive, perhaps more quaint? and includes breakfast.

Thanks for your insights!
Jan 31st, 2006, 12:44 AM

First things first, neither will be remotely "quaint".

How much is "good rates"? If you can state that then people can start recommending alternatives.

However, I'd say that both will be much of a muchness so I'd go for the cheaper of the two. Neither will be anything excptional.
Jan 31st, 2006, 01:30 AM

I've not stayed at the HI but did stay at Jury's last October. The twin room was on the small side but there was room to put away suitcases.lots of cupboard space, and a large bathroom. The lobby had just been refurbished and had comfortable seating areas and a nice bar. The staff were most pleasant and helpful, the concierge , in particular.

It is less than a 5 minute walk from either the Glouscester Rd or the South Ken tube stations
Jan 31st, 2006, 06:09 AM

I have also stayed at Jury's and found it to be most comfortable and convenient. Have booked a return stay in March for a week.
Jan 31st, 2006, 06:25 AM

Many years ago I stayed at the Holiday Inn when it was the Forum Hotel. Standard type room, nothing special but I thought it was a great location, close to the tube stop and a couple of grocery stores for snacks.
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:04 AM

Hi,
I've stayed at the HI Kensington, and also the HI Kensington Forum, I prefer the HI kensington as the Kensington Forum is geared to a business crowd. We enjoy the location of both, the tube is very close as are many places to eat and even a grocery. It is only a quick walk to many museums, (Natural History, V&A, etc.) . There are rates that include breakfast as well. If travelling with kids, kids eat for free and the HI Kensington has many quad rooms, and very family friendly.

Travelatte
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:58 AM

Have you tried the Kensington Close Hotel? Its near the Kensington High Street tube and a great area for shopping, sightseeing and eating. The rooms aren't big but they are clean and efficient. They always offer great deals if you click on their specials link.

http://www.kensingtonclosehotel.com/

Search this Thread