Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Please help me choose between 2 locations in Rome
Notices

Please help me choose between 2 locations in Rome

Mar 17th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Please help me choose between 2 locations in Rome

Will be in Rome end of May. Traveling with husband, both mid 40s. Will be there for 4 nights. Planning on seeing Vatican, Forum, Colosseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, and Trevi Fountain .
We'd like to be in walking distance to as many sights as possible. Can you advise on either of these 2 locations:

La Maison Dell' Orologio - B& B
Via Dei Banchi Nuovi 18
Navona

Palazzo Olivia - Fiorelli apt. is the only available for our stay
15 Via dei Leutari

Hoping to find someone familiar with their locations. So much information available, I'm getting overwhelmed with the choices. Thanks for your help.
Mar 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM

Either one is fine. The Palazzo Olivia is just a tad more central than La Maison. But both areas are lovely. Plenty of places to eat/shop.

You are within walking distance to pretty much everything from either location. If I were staying at La Maison, I might bus or taxi to Colosseum, but I'm a little older and have arthritic knees.

Even with that, I stayed this past spring very close to La Maison and still walked to Vatican (twice), Spanish Steps, Trevi, and Piazza Venezia.

Since you only have four days, I'd highly recommend you pop for a private/semi-private tour of the Palatine and Forum. You will get so much more out of it!

I can highly recommend Francesca Caruso. But there are others also recommended here on Fodors, on a separate thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...aster-list.cfm

Buon viaggio!

Search this Thread